shouts and speech recongnition..

If you've read everything, but are still having problems, you can ask here...

Moderator: Gumby

cperry911

shouts and speech recongnition..

Post by cperry911 » 05 Aug 2012, 02:52

im curious changing the speech recongnition with multi language fus ro dah what ever language that really is. so the shouts will be recognized accuratly, or train windows speech recognition with those exact shout so it will be accuratly and we will be able to use shouts. if i sa "FO" the pc thinks i am saying "well" i tried in a document to get the pc to learn the new word by correcting it over and over but no success. are any of these options a viable possibility? thanks great work on the total skyrim voice commands.

LionOfNarnia

Re: shouts and speech recongnition..

Post by LionOfNarnia » 05 Aug 2012, 06:35

Thanks for the thanks - it's always appreciated :)

I've not 'trained' Windows Speech Recognition with anything other than its' own in-built tutorials.

Nor have I ever used the 'say' function in VAC builder.

All I've needed for (pretty much) 100% shout accuracy is making the 'activation phrases' as phonetic as possible - I use exactly the same ones as I included in the project - for example "Fo" is given as "foe" which is a 'normal' English word.

The only thing that might make a difference is the different ways that people might interpret the pronounciation of a particular shout. Example - the first word of "Feim Ze Gron" could be 'fame' or 'feem' or even 'fyme' depending on native tongue, regional variation or even personal affectation.

There is no need whatsover within the project for WinSR to be able to recognise shouts in, say, a word processor, all that is needed is that VAC System can recognise the shout & press the right keys.

You might try the Windows Speech Recognition forums?
Aslan Freeman
Skyrim Total Voice Control project
also, for my sins, current 'Johnny-in-the-barrel' at:-
Sport Blowpipe International

cperry911

Post by cperry911 » 05 Aug 2012, 08:43

thanks for the quick responce. i know i read that vac system uses its own Speech recognition. but if that is true the why do we train windows shouldnt we train vac system? or manually add words to the data base. if not i will have to get the most resembled english word. i do like how you made trigger a different set of words. but that breaks the immersion. thanks

georgli

Post by georgli » 05 Aug 2012, 10:26

VAC uses the speech recognition of Windows. Therefore it is required to train the Windows speech recognition. If you do the training which you can access through the Windows control panel, recognition rates will improve tremendously.

LionOfNarnia

Post by LionOfNarnia » 05 Aug 2012, 10:32

Thank you Shift_E

I thought that using the trigger-word was actually closer to "lore" than the instant-shout method. In vanilla you have to select the shout in menus then trigger it with the "Z" key, the level of the shout determined by the length of key-press. I've just converted that to voice commands. Makes sense from a VAC p.o.v. too - fewer commands & better accuracy, as I explained in the paperwork.
Aslan Freeman

cperry911

Post by cperry911 » 05 Aug 2012, 11:43

i understand thanks. as far as the actual shouts it may be closer to lore. but the game portrays it as actually shouting the words. at least for me. thanks all.

LionOfNarnia

Post by LionOfNarnia » 06 Aug 2012, 16:01

"Instant Shouts" are quite possible, I used to include them as an alternative.

It just takes 3x as many commands & is nowhere near as accurate!

I did start a thread for people who wanted to try this method, which includes a merge profile for the first 20 shouts...

...it's HERE
Aslan Freeman