right hand command

If you've read everything, but are still having problems, you can ask here...

Moderator: Gumby

lpluss

right hand command

Post by lpluss » 29 Jul 2012, 08:37

hi

Love the program.. BUt im having difficulty
im trying to set up my commands and all are working fine on the left hand but what is the command to set a spell/item to the right hand ( eg: flames to left hand and a sword in the right)

at moment i have to set sword to left and a second sword to the right then the flames spell. all commands directly go to the left hand

Ive tried using "v" key in the command line but still fails to work ( v-F1( flames) still ends up in left hand ) key presses in game works fine

Help pls

Nigel

LionOfNarnia

Re: right hand command

Post by LionOfNarnia » 29 Jul 2012, 10:59

Hello Nigel,

I'm a bit confused by your posting. There is no 'command' to set an item to the right hand & I've NO idea what you mean by 'tried v -F1 on the command line'.

- For a start, F1 is used exclusively by the 'autopotions' plugin, it's not available for binding items to in EHK. The project does not use the "V" key at all, it's one of the very few that isn't used. Yet!

To bind a sword to a RH slot, you equip a sword to your RH, press "K" to activate binding then press the key (+ modifier if desired/required) you want to bind it to. Remember you have to do the binding one item at a time, you can't put one thing in your left, one in your right, and bind them both to a single key.

I'll help you until you get things how you want them, no problem. The better information you can give about your issues, the quicker I can get to the route of your difficulties. If there's something that's unclear in the instructions, I want to know so I can modify it in the next release.

I'm guessing that you're on Stage 3 of the project? And that you're trying to set up for a spellsword/battlemage? (What level?)

You can always attach a copy of your w.i.p. VAC profile to a posting or an email to stvc.support@live.nl, then I can give it the once-over.
Aslan Freeman
Skyrim Total Voice Control project
also, for my sins, current 'Johnny-in-the-barrel' at:-
Sport Blowpipe International

lpluss

Post by lpluss » 30 Jul 2012, 04:38

hi again

sorry to confuse you but i am a new to this ive used vac on my flight sim ok but new to skyrim

What im trying to do is, make 1 command word, like "defense sparks" which will auto equip stoneflesh to one hand an cloak of sparks to another hand and auto cast them both

stone flesh is set to F9 and wall of sparks set to 9 (extra hot keys)

ive set up command 1 to F9 300/25/1 (DURATION/PAUSE/REPEAT)
command 2 to 9 50/25/1
command 3 left mouse butoon 500/50/1
command 4 rght mouse button 500/50/1
all that happens is that they both just set to the left hand.

In the extra keys read me if u press "v" and the hotkey if sets the key to off hand
ive also tryed a command which turns v for 1000 duration, but that fails as well.

im just at section 2 and trying to taylor it to my own as i use midas spells as well

Hope this makes it more clear for u,

NJM

LionOfNarnia

Post by LionOfNarnia » 30 Jul 2012, 06:10

Nah, you've confused me even more :(

It sounds to me like you aren't following the instructions properly. I can only suggest you go back to them & do what it says there. Take it as a big hint that in the 8 months since the project was released, amongst the 2,240 people who've downloaded it, you are the only one who has had this issue.

1) There is no 'section 2' in the project. If you're on "Stage 2", you shouldn't be binding anything to anything other than the standard 'favourites' (1-8) hotkeys yet. Nor should you even be attempting spell-chaining (autocasting) as that is only introduced in Stage 5. Don't try to run before you can walk!

2) As I said in my first reply, The project does NOT use "v" as the binding key for EHK, it's "K", & the keys you can use to bind to are :-

- = o [ ] \ ; ' , .

Neither 9 nor F9 are used anywhere in the custom .ini file I supplied for the EHK part of the project, nor is V. F9 is either Autoload or Autosave in vanilla (The other is F5, I never use them) which is why they are not part of the project. Conflicts are inevitable if keys are double-bound.

If you ARE binding things to (for example) 9 or F9 with the V key then you are NOT using the supplied profile, therefore have not followed the instructions & cannot expect to complete the project sucessfully.

Maybe you are using the default .ini within the EHK archive, this is WRONG & will conflict with other parts of the project. For a start, if you're using this, your 'shouts' won't work. The only part of the default EHK readme that has any relevance to the project is the bit that deals with the 'manual' in-game binding of stuff i.e. you have to 'pick up' a clothing/armour item & hold it in your hand in order to bind it - but this is done in Stage 3 of the project not Stage 2, again evidence to me that your problems are all to do with not following instructions.

Why have I got so much time to write such a long reply?

Because no-one else has any problems with the project right now to distract me. Very few ever had.

What should you do now?

Go back to the start of Stage 2, do it again TO THE LETTER making sure you install the correct copy of the 'extrahotkeys.ini' configuaration file. Check that all the commands - especially the shouts - are working correctly both in the VAC 'test phrase' window & in game.

- If they are, then you can go on to Stage 3 where you're told exactly how to set up hotkeys including 'dual-casting'. Read everything before doing anything!

- If not, please make a copy of your current VAC profile (.xml) & your ehk config file, zip them & send them to me.
Aslan Freeman
Skyrim Total Voice Control project
also, for my sins, current 'Johnny-in-the-barrel' at:-
Sport Blowpipe International